Tuesday, Jan 23, 2018
Adjust Font Size
  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

County of Madera


Solid Waste Program

The purpose of the Solid Waste Program is to protect the health, safety and well-being of the public and to preserve and improve the quality of the environment by assuring proper storage and disposal of solid waste. Link to the Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery's (CalRecycle) web pages, www.calrecycle.ca.gov, for information about waste reduction, recycling, and other solid waste management issues. 

  • Inspections, Permitting and Enforcement
  • Solid Waste Facilities
  • Fairmead Landfill, 21739 Road 19, Chowchilla, CA (559) 673-2225
  • Mammoth Material Recovery Facility, 21739 Road 19, Chowchilla, CA (559) 673-2225
  • North Fork Transfer Station, Road 274, North Fork, CA (559) 877-4226 or (559) 673-2225
  • Emadco Disposal Service, Oakhurst, CA (559) 683-4680

Got Sharps?

As you know, household generated sharps cannot go in the trash, so what resources are available to the public generating sharps? CalRecycle has materials on-line to help. Please feel free to inform your local government colleagues and facility operators of these following educational opportunities:

Another great way to stay informed about the latest developments in CalRecycle's efforts to promote safe disposal of sharps waste is to join the Sharps and Pharmaceuticals Listserv.

Recycling Services

"Reuse, Reduce and Recycle"- Find your closest recycling center at www.earth911.com or contact Madera County Department of Engineering and General Services, Division of Solid Waste at (559) 675-7817.

Environmental Health Links

Follow Us On Twitter - Image
Facebook Image

Contact Environmental Health

Environmental Health
200 W 4th Street, 3rd Floor
Madera, CA 93637
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

General County Contact

General County Contact
200 W. 4th Street
Madera, CA 93637
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Use this number to get general information about the County or County departments.  

For non-emergency information or service, dial 311