Monday, Dec 18, 2017
Adjust Font Size
  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

County of Madera


Evacuation Information

REVERSE 911® is a telephonic community notification system that may be used to deliver outbound messages in the event of an emergency. The system employs a combination of database and mapping technologies to allow emergency responders to pinpoint a specific geographic area and deliver the appropriate message to residents in the affected area. The system has the ability to call both listed and unlisted phone numbers. If a phone line is busy, the system has the ability to redial the number to make contact. If an answering machine picks up the call, the system has the ability to leave the emergency message on the answering machine.

It is important for residents not to rely on REVERSE 911® notifications as their only means of emergency information. The Sheriff's Department intends to use the system in conjunction with information provided to the media, directions given by emergency responders, and information posted on official city, county and government websites.

Voluntary Evacuation:

Advance measures should be taken to prevent harm and to secure belongings, including livestock, because the fire has been seen in the immediate area (i.e. prepare to leave).

Mandatory Evacuation:

The fire has advanced or is in a position relative to a particular area and poses imminent danger to life and property. (i.e. time to leave).

Road Closures

Please visit the following websites:

California Highway Patrol

California Department of Transportation


Please visit the Madera/Fresno American Red Cross website.

Weather Information

Please visit the National Weather Service website.

Animal Shelters

Madera County Animal Shelter
14269 Road 28
Madera, CA 93638

General County Contact

General County Contact
200 W. 4th Street
Madera, CA 93637
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Use this number to get general information about the County or County departments.  

For non-emergency information or service, dial 311