You must have one of the following when operating any type of Motorized off-highway vehicle on public land:
- A green or red sticker issued by Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
- A non-resident OHV permit.
- A street legal license plate for four-wheel drive vehicles and dual-sport motorcycles.
- No OHV shall exceed 15 mph within 50 feet of any campground, concentration of people or animals.
- All motorcycles must be equipped with a U.S. Forest Service approved spark arrester, and muffler. The OHV must also comply with the state's noise regulation. CVC 38370.
- OHVs operated between sunset and sunrise must have at least one headlight that allows the operator to see for 200 feet and one red taillight visible for 200 feet.
- Paved roads may be crossed at right angles to the direction of the highway.
- It is illegal to possess an open container of an alcoholic beverage while riding or operating an off-highway vehicle.
For further information on a complete listing of OHV LAWS, see Division 16.5 of California Vehicle Code or visit the OHV web site: www.ohv.parks.ca.gov