Would you like to adopt a pet? Please fill out the Adoption Application and submit it online or send it to:
14269 Road 28
Madera, Ca 93638
The Madera County Department of Animal Services uses Petfinder and Adopt-a-Pet to list the animals we have available for adoption. Click on the links below to see what animals are available.
Are you thinking about breeding your dog or cat? Ask yourself these very important questions:
- Am I making great contributions to the breed and society by reproducing only outstanding qualities shown by my pet (i.e.: perfect health, temperament, conformation, and performance)?
- Do I have responsible homes already lined up to receive all the new lives I am bringing into existence?
- Can I afford veterinary services should the mother animal need a C-section, need intensive care, have a premature delivery, have critically ill offspring or other unforeseen catastrophe?
- Am I willing to commit to a lot of work, financial obligations, and months of responsibility that I will carefully and happily attend to?
There are many benefits to spaying and neutering your pets:
- Prevents behavior problems
- Decreases aggression toward other animals
- Reduces territory marking
- Makes your pet more predictable
- Reduces license fees in most areas
- Eliminates the worry, hassle and cost of litters
- Eliminates a pet's sexual frustration
- Reduces your pet's chance of getting cancer
- Increases life expectancy
- Decreases injury and disease
- Reduces howling, roaming, fighting, and car injuries
- Reduces vet bills
- Decreases animal-related public health and safety risks
- Cuts animal-related law enforcement costs
- Makes you and your pet a better neighbor
Unneutered dogs cause nearly 100% of all serious bites. Nearly 60% of the victims are children!
Please spay or neuter your pet. It's the responsible answer to the pet over-population crisis.
One female cat + her offspring + their offspring will = 420,000 cats in only a six year period!
One female dog + her offspring + their offspring will = 67,000 dogs in only a six year period!
30% of animals in the shelter are purebreds!
64% of all impounded pets (over 5,000 annually) are euthanized!
Consider ALL the facts before you allow your animals to reproduce!