Please see below document for the current watering schedule:
STAGE 3 WATER CONSERVATION NOTICE
On March 4, 2014, the Board of Supervisors adopted the Water Shortage Contingency Plan for Special Districts. The Board also voted to increase water conservation efforts in response to the prolonged drought to ensure adequate water supply and reliability to all its customers.
The Board has authorized Special Districts to implement Stage 3 prohibitions as of March 4, 2014, with a targeted water use reduction up to 25%:
- No watering on Monday, Thursday or Friday
- No outdoor water use between the hours of 11am and 7pm
- No washing down paved driveways, parking lots or sidewalks
- No person shall use water through any hose, pipe, or other discharge for the purpose of watering gardens, trees, lawns, flowers, or plants or for other irrigation or agricultural purposes without the use of a restricting nozzle or sprinkling device
- Water leaks will immediately be repaired.
- Even numbered addresses water on Wednesday and Sunday
- Odd numbered addresses water on Tuesday and Saturday
- Violations are increased to $75 (first violation), $125 (second violation), $175 (third violation)
If the drought persists and the conservation efforts enacted in Stage 3 are not adequate to maintain water reliability, the Board may enact Stage 4.
More information about the drought and water conservation efforts can be found at: www.madera-county.com or by calling Special Districts at (559) 675-7820.