- Map and Compass
- Extra Water
- Extra Clothing
- Extra Food
- Flashlight (with extra bulb & batteries)
- Matches or Lighter & Fire starter
- First Aid Supplies, Sun protection, Insect Repellent
- Plastic Trowel & Toilet Paper
- Communication devices: Two-way radios, cell phones with fully charged batteries, satellite telephones ... It’s important to know that in mountainous and remote areas range of coverage may be limited and in some cases NOT work at all. The same holds true for ham radios.
When you go out, even for a day hike, it is critical that you tell someone exactly where you are going, when you will return, and also leave a note in your car.
It may help us save your life!